This position has been filled.
This announcement is for a part-time position (approximately 15 hrs/week) which may be extended to full-time in the future.
Start date: July 1
Term: Up to 1 year, may be extended
Pay: Up to $30/hr
Benefits: None, paid by incumbent
Reports to: Executive Director
Consults with: Marketing Committee (primary), Other MCN Committees
MCN is a nonprofit organization whose core purpose is to foster innovation and excellence by supporting professionals who seek to transform the way their cultural organizations reach, engage, and educate their audiences using digital technologies. We do this by building a community that attracts, nurtures, inspires and sustains exceptional professionals. Learn more.
The Digital Content & Community Manager is a newly created position designed to improve the reach and engagement of MCN with the digital cultural heritage community. The primary goals of this position are to increase conference registration, to increase the number of people we reach online, and to deepen digital engagement between MCN and the community it aims to serve.
As the Digital Content & Community Manager, you will create, edit, coordinate, post, and manage content for MCN.edu and official online platforms, including social media. You will craft content to promote MCN offerings, announcements, and events including the annual conference (held in November), MCN Pro events, membership. You will coordinate a group of volunteers to assist with distribution of content on digital platforms. You will act as the point person for editorial policy and content management of mcn.edu, e-newsletters, MCN-L (listserv), social media channels, and mobile applications. You will also ensure consistent messaging and representation of the MCN brand across platforms.
- Manage and maintain content on MCN.edu and other platforms, regularly review and update website with new or revised content, and respond quickly to content editing needs
- Manage editorial process and content preparation for all public-facing content whether on MCN or external platforms
- Hosts regular calls with individual Board committees to gather information about what needs to be marketed
- Coordinate with marketing committee and social media volunteers regarding posts needed to promote conference, MCN Pro, etc.
- Maintain an editorial calendar and produce content plans for upcoming events and activities.
- Craft content for MCN-L to promote MCN activities and offerings
- Produce regular e-mail newsletter
- Proactively research content of value to the community for continuous distribution on all platforms, especially social media
- Produce regular analytics reports about digital outreach performance
- Identify trends and opportunities to increase reach and engagement
Skills & Experience Required:
- Content writing/editing for website and social media engagement
- Ability to manage and maintain a WordPress website, including layout and installation/configuration of new plugins
- Ability to create and edit visual media assets (e.g., using Photoshop, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills and experience with social media and community management on behalf of a brand or organization (i.e., post/share content, moderate/respond to comments, facilitate community discussion/interaction, etc.)
- Knowledge of digital analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) and ability to set goals, interpret/present findings, and make recommendations
- Active in the cultural heritage community (museums, archives, libraries, etc.) and knowledgeable of trusted sources of information
- Customer-service oriented
- Proactive self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This is a part-time telecommuting position requiring approximately 15 hours per week, plus on-site attendance at the annual conference in November. Substantial telephone and online availability during weekday business hours in North American time zones is expected. Salary is up to $30/hour, commensurate with experience, plus pre-approved expenses; no benefits. Cumulative salary shall not exceed $25k in 12 consecutive months. This is a one-year position, with the possibility of continuation (and/or increase in hours per week) if funding allows.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Share